We all know the proverb, “Prevention is better than cure,” but how much do we maintain it? Your natural or restored teeth can only survive best in a clean and harmless oral environment. Our preventive program is designed to help you prevent new cavities or dental diseases.
What is This Preventive Program?
Our preventive program is very helpful for patients belonging to all ages.
- To begin the preventive program, contact our office and book an appointment first.
- At the very first visit to your dentist, your whole mouth will be observed and examined carefully to know its condition.
- After checking the condition of your oral health, subsequent visits are given.
- With every visit, according to your oral condition, steps will be taken to make your mouth a healthy environment for your teeth.
What Other Measures Can Be Taken At Home?
This prevention program involves work done by your dentist and how much effort you put into looking after your oral hygiene. Looking after your oral hygiene is a very important step towards preventing your mouth from cavities and other dental diseases. Follow the recommendations given below to have a healthy mouth:
- Brush your teeth twice or thrice a day as prescribed by your dentist. Brushing twice a day, in the morning and before going to bed at night, with fluoride toothpaste, is good enough.
- Many dentists recommend brushing thrice, once after lunch with just plain water. This is to remove any food particles stuck between your teeth beforehand.
- Floss at least once every day to also help remove food particles from between your teeth. Floss in an up and down motion while keeping the floss in an u-shape and against the tooth surface.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly every day after having any kind of food.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid sticky, sugary food and drinks like chocolate, candy, gum, cold drinks, juice, etc., because they give birth to cavities. They form plaque over your teeth and damage your teeth’ enamel.
- Eat a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables and protein.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day. Water is beneficial in removing food particles stuck between teeth.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed by your dentist.
- Get sealants for your permanent teeth.
If you follow all the preventive measures mentioned above, you can maintain healthy oral hygiene easily.
Now, get effective preventive treatments for all your oral health issues with Dr. Jeanne V. Devi, DDS. Call us at (626) 795-2544 or visit our website for more details. We are located at 595 E Colorado Blvd Suite 603, Pasadena, CA 91101.