Coronavirus is a global pandemic that started in late December in Wuhan, China, and had rapidly spread throughout the world, resulting in a new world with face masks and sanitizers. Some common questions which keep lurking in the air regarding this virus have been answered below:
What are the Common Symptoms of COVID-19?
When someone contracts this virus, the most commonly noticed symptoms are:
- Cough and cold
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Pain throughout the body
Apart from the first four symptoms, the rest are very less seen. These may occur as early as two days or even after 14 days after contracting the virus.
How To Steer Away From Coronavirus?
Well, there is no certainty if said that face masks and sanitizers can completely prevent you from contracting the virus. However, following all possible safety measures is good to stay away from it.
- Avoid contact with people outside. You cannot always know if someone has the virus by looking at them. So, it is better to stay clear from your side.
- Wash your hands frequently whenever you touch something from outside.
- Do not touch your eyes, mouth, or nose whenever outside.
- Wear a proper surgical mask whenever you go outside and frequently sanitize your hands when you touch something. Wear disposable gloves and avoid touching with your bare hands as much as possible.
- Cover your mouth with your elbow whenever you sneeze or cough to avoid contact with others.
Safety Protocols To Maintain If You Do Contract The Virus
Even after maintaining all safety measures and protocols, you may contract the virus. When you suspect that you have the symptoms mentioned above, go for a test immediately. You can also take a rapid test at home and get the results. Before getting the results, isolate yourself from the rest of the family to avoid spreading it to others. If the results are negative, then it is all clear, but if they come out positive, then follow the given protocols:
- Stay in a separate room and quarantine yourself for at least 14 days, with possible food supplies.
- Ask others to give you the daily food outside your room.
- Wear a mask whenever you open the door or go to the bathroom to keep the other safe.
For more expert advice on coronavirus, and dental care solutions schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeanne V. Devi, DDS. Call us at (626) 795-2544 or visit our website for more details and scheduling appointments. We are located at 595 E Colorado Blvd Suite 603, Pasadena, CA 91101.